Farmers & Merchants State Bank

Categories

Financial & Investment ServicesBanks & Credit Unions

About Us

Founded by Mr. N. E. Kelley and operating under a charter dated May 2, 1934, the Farmers & Merchants National Bank opened its doors on May 4, 1934 on the Northwest corner of the Winterset square. On July 9, 1938, a new charter was issued and the name was changed to Farmers & Merchants State Bank.

The former First State Bank of Adair County located in Orient, Iowa was acquired on August 10, 1938. Also acquired on that date was the J. F. Johnston bank of St. Charles, Iowa.

On April 28, 1980, Farmers & Merchants Motor Bank was opened for business. The Farmers & Merchants Bancorp was formed in 1984 and became the controlling stockholder.

Serving the financial needs of our customers has been our business since 1934. We will continue to provide excellent customer service to meet the financial needs of the people living in the communities we serve.

Locations:

Main Bank:
101 W. Jefferson
Winterset, Iowa 50273
(515) 462-4242
Fax: (515) 462-1941
Loan Department: (515) 462-4381
Fax: (515) 462-4246

Winterset Motor Bank:
722 N. John Wayne Drive
Winterset, Iowa 50273
(515) 462-1110

St. Charles:
317 E. Main
St. Charles, Iowa 50240
(641) 396-2233
(888) 243-2233 - Toll Free

Orient:
114 S. Broad
Orient, Iowa 50858
(641) 337-5418
(877) 699-5418 - Toll Free