Madison County Sportsmen's Club
Since 1949 the purpose of the Madison County Sportsmen's Club has been to provide education to its members and the public at large, in the safety, art and proficiency of the shooting sports and to promote and encourage ethical hunting, fishing and other related outdoor activities, all of which serve to build character and good citizenship.
What is the Club About?
· The Sportsmen's Club is a group of individuals that share common interests in conservation, hunting, fishing and the shooting sports.
· Our club promotes firearms safety training, strong hunting ethics and sportsman like conduct at all times.
· We have an active 4H Youth Shooting program and sponsor a high school trap shooting team for students in Madison County.
· We strongly encourage and promote the involvement of youth and women participation in our activities.
· We hold monthly meetings and periodically sponsor a variety of sporting activities.
· Our Sporting Clays program is extremely popular and brings many shooters from the surrounding area.
· The club has a trap range with an electric auto-loading trap providing shooting during both daylight and evening hours under the lights.
· The shooting range provides a safe area to shoot out to 100 yards.
· The club holds affiliations with the National Rifle Association, Civilian Marksmanship Program and US Sporting Clays Association.
· All of these organizations promote and support education and safety in the shooting sports.